
This is Lyric's latest obsession. Everyday when we get dressed I hear, "Mom, I don't want pants, I want a skirt." Now, I have nothing against skirts. The problem is that she only has a few that meet her specifications, they must be long, and preferably have some shade of pink in them. But, when the choice comes between pants or a not so favorite skirt, she'll choose the skirt. I wish I would have known this phase was coming so I could have saved money on all of the pants she has! I am truly learning to let go a little and let her be happy with what she is wearing. I have a tendency to be an outfit Nazi, I like everything to match specifically and look cute.
This morning, I tried non-chalantly to lay out pants with her shirt. I told her it was too cold for a skirt. I actually started feeling like a mean mom, all she really wanted was a skirt! I did what my mom has taught me, "pick your battles." I realized this battle was not worth fighting! So, she ended up in the above outfit. I know there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just think it would have looked cuter with jeans :) This skirt was not her first choice, but when I said, "This skirt or pants," she gladly accepted the skirt.
4 comments:
Just remember some of Alysons outfits and everything will be ok. LOL
I think back to the time when I would fight the clothing battle with Lexi every day. When I try it every once in a while now, it brings back horrible feelings and I can't believe it took me so long to learn to pick my battles with her. I really try to remind myself that I'm helping her learn self confidence! Good job!
Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't do my shopping for next winter then? Lyric is as cute as ever!
Tiffany
I wish I could tell you that that stage ends soon. It become a little more stressful when they are going to school. I think Lindsay's class must be tired of the same pink camouflage pants. Lyric's outfit reminds me of Lexi. I think she learned a little style from her stylish cousins. She's growing up so fast and cute!
Post a Comment