Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye...

So, we have been a little slow at getting all of our Christmas stuff down! I took the decorations off of the tree on Friday so we could put it in the ally. This afternoon, Mike took it out. Lyric had just gotten up from her nap as I started loosening the tree for Mike. He got the tree out the back door, not before four million needles fly all over the room, and I headed for the kitchen. All of the sudden I hear Lyric start crying. Not just whining, but a hysterical cry. I run back into the room to see what was wrong. "The tree," she sobbed. The poor child was so distraught that we were getting rid of the Christmas tree! I felt so horrible. I guess she thought it was a permanent fixture in our home! We explained to her that Christmas was over and that we would get a new one when Christmas came again!

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Awww, its funny the things we don't realize they haven't learned yet. Like the fact that Christmas trees are temporary (and thank goodness they are!).

Katie said...

OH so cute! I spoke to a man who told his daughters that the elves come back to pick up the tree to store it in the North Pole and clean it up and things like that...then they bring it back in time for the next Christmas.