Tomorrow, Mike starts school! He is going to get a Master's in Business Administration. I have to be honest and say that I have mixed emotions on this. I am 100% supportive and proud of him for doing this. Selfishly, I know these next 2 1/2 years will feel a little more stressful and at times I know I will feel like I am raising two children alone! I'm not trying to play the pity role, I'm just being honest! I know this will be so worth it in the long run. I also know that now will be easier than in five or ten years. He feels very excited and ready to start this journey! I am so grateful that he is so self-motivated. He has a drive to succeed and do his best, and I have no doubt that he will do just that! GOOD LUCK, MIKE :)Sunday, January 13, 2008
Back to School!
Tomorrow, Mike starts school! He is going to get a Master's in Business Administration. I have to be honest and say that I have mixed emotions on this. I am 100% supportive and proud of him for doing this. Selfishly, I know these next 2 1/2 years will feel a little more stressful and at times I know I will feel like I am raising two children alone! I'm not trying to play the pity role, I'm just being honest! I know this will be so worth it in the long run. I also know that now will be easier than in five or ten years. He feels very excited and ready to start this journey! I am so grateful that he is so self-motivated. He has a drive to succeed and do his best, and I have no doubt that he will do just that! GOOD LUCK, MIKE :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Although Mike is going to the classes and doing the learning, it is 100% a team effort and you are sacraficing just as much as he is. You have a family together and this is something that takes a lot of effort from you for him to be able to accomplish! You can complain all you want because although it is SO worth it, it will be challenging at times!! I'm proud of both of you.
Lindy, I didn't know he was getting an MBA, that's what Bill got. You have to be careful who you talk to, seriously, I got different sympathies from different people. ANYONE who knows how demanding an MBA is vs. say a Masters in Education or something, will appreciate what you are going to go through. I had some friends who didn't understand why I turned myself into super-(nearly)-single-mom-of-2-kids-but-hubby-made-3 and let go of nearly everything I wanted for myself while he worked to support us and got an MBA. Those ladies thought graduate work was graduate work. You are going to have to get used to giving yourself alot of pats on the back, and you will be deserving of each one, but that's what you will need to do to get through some of it. I never knew I had it in me to serve someone so much without getting hardly anything back at the time, I grew to love Bill SO much during his MBA. If you ever need to vent, I understand 100 percent! Email me if you need to! :)
Post a Comment