
Every night, we say bedtime prayers with Lyric. When she was really young, we said them for her. As she got a little older, we would tell her what to say. Then, she started saying the same, two sentence prayer every night. Lately, we have been trying to teach her to say things that are important to her.
Recently, each night before the prayer, she tells us what she wants to pray about. It is so cute hearing her come up with her own ideas. Typically, it has something to do with an event from that day. This evening in her prayers she said, "I'm thankful for my grandma and for the light and dark lip colors." My mom was over for a few hours today. She had showed Lyric a myriad of colored lip gloss, and let Lyric pick out her favorite. So, that stood out in her mind the most today and it went into her prayers!
I just love the innocence of children. Their intentions are so pure. Mike and I look forward to hearing her prayers each night!
2 comments:
Thanks for the good laugh!
I almost woke your father up!
MOM
That is so cute. Alyson prayed last night for those that smoke that they could stop smoking. I was wondering what provoked that thought. Seemed completely random.
Post a Comment