Friday morning, we woke up and got ready to head back home. My grandma lives about a mile from Disneyland, so we stopped by to see her for a bit on our way.
It is such a head trip to know what I picture in my mind as "grandma," and then to actually be around her and see the changes. She's in her early 80's and has Alzheimer's. It's not to the point where she has no idea who you are, but I could tell the difference. I was very cautious as we walked in to let her know who I was, "Pam's daughter." I knew she could relate to that.
I introduced my kids and Mike. My mom had bought her a bunch of bouncy balls to throw. The whole time we were there, her and Lyric threw the balls back and forth to each other. It was really cute. Lyric was having a great time, and "great-gram" was loving it! She loves to do this. I think it's a good little exercise for her.
She was in good spirits and was glad we stopped by. I'm not down there very often, but always make a point to see her when I am. I'm so glad Lyric will have fond memories of her. She was so excited when I told her we were going to visit great-gram. She would've loved to have stayed so much longer.
We took off and continued or journey home. We had to make one last stop, which was to Fuddrucker's! We both love that place and couldn't leave without eating there!
No comments:
Post a Comment