Monday, February 22, 2010

So Cal Day #2

Waiting for the shuttle to go to Disneyland!

In line for our first ride, Peter Pan.
Mike and Lyric getting ready to take off on Peter Pan!
Paxton on the Carousal
Lyric on the Carousal, she loves this one!
Mike and Paxton on Dumbo. The sun was a little bright :)
Thank goodness he crashed for a bit while Mike and Lyric went on some rides.
In line for the Jungle Cruise. He stayed like this for almost the whole ride. Lots of things freaked him out a little!
The longest wait of all- the Beloved Princesses! Paxton was way too scared!
We spotted Jasmine and Aladdin with practically no line!
Getting off Small World. He really liked this one.
Paxton got this Buzz Light Year shooter.
Lyric chose this baby Minnie. Number 600 to her collection of stuffed animals she sleeps with. Pretty soon, she'll be on the floor!

On Wednesday, we got up and got ready for Disneyland! This was our third time staying at this hotel. We really like it because they provide a free little breakfast and a free shuttle to and from Disneyland. I like saving the time and money by not having to park there! We left at 9:30 and were on our way!
The weather was so incredible. We always hit up Peter Pan first. I love this ride! Paxton did good on this one. Lyric is Little Miss Fearless, so I wasn't worried about her. Plus, she remembered going last year, so she knew what to expect on most rides. Next, we had to do the carousals. This is one of Lyric's favorites, which is kind of funny to me. After that we did Dumbo. The lines were all so tolerable. It was so nice to not have to wait forever with two little ones.
Mike and Lyric were able to do Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Star Tours, Indiana Jones at one point or another throughout the day while Paxton and I waited behind. They had fast passes, so it made it even faster. She was Mike's little side kick. I wanted to feel really protective and not let her do some of the rides, but she was gung ho!
We did most of the other rides together. I have to say, I was surprised at Paxton's reaction to most of the rides! He would bury his head into Mike and not want to look up. He didn't cry, but you could tell he wasn't loving it! On Pirates of the Carribean, he clenched Mike's arm so hard at that first dip! I wonder if he'll eventually be like Lyric and like all the rides, or if he'll always be fine just doing Dumbo and the carousal!
We ate lunch at a place called The Golden Horseshoe. They had a little show they put on while we were eating. They pulled up some people from the audience, and Mike was one of them! I had left my camera in the stroller and couldn't go out to get it because they shut the doors, I was so sad I didn't get any pictures! It was a pretty funny little skit they did. Mike enjoyed himself and was a good sport.
By 8:30, we had done all of the rides and were ready to head out! The day went so smooth and everyone had lots of fun. We wanted to get to bed a a decent hour so that we could wake up refreshed for California Adventure!



No comments: