Monday, February 22, 2010

So Cal Day #1







Last Tuesday, we took off for Southern California. We try to go to Disneyland once a year. We wanted to go before the baby comes and before the weather heats up and Disneyland gets too busy! We'd been once before at this time of year and really enjoyed it.
Of course, I had my list of places we "had" to eat at. We stopped in Bakersfield on the way there to eat at Schlotzskys. I've been craving it this whole pregnancy, but haven't quite found it in me to drive the 85 miles just for a sandwich! Thank goodness Mike is good at obliging to my food requests and didn't make the pit stop.
We got to our hotel and rested for a bit. Every single time I make that drive, I promise myself I'll never do it again! I can never understand how there can be that much traffic every hour of the day!
After we were rested, we headed to eat dinner at destination number two, Cafe Rio. About a month ago, I had read that they opened up a Cafe Rio down there and there was no way I was going to miss it! Mike likes it just as much as I do, so we were both really excited. That place never disappoints! You can't go wrong with their pork salad! A major bonus for me was that they had crushed ice, so I asked for extra water cups to fill up with ice :) Ice is a major craving for me during pregnancy, not a good thing for my poor teeth.
After dinner, we headed back to the hotel to swim. The kids were so excited. They had a spa and then the pool was heated. I was actually really sad I hadn't brought anything to swim in for myself because the water felt really good! Lyric jumped right in and Paxton was cautious as usual. He was content sitting at the edge of the spa with his feet in. Mike convinced him to let him hold him in the pool for a few minutes.
After swimming and baths, we put the kids down. As fun as it was, it made me very grateful that we don't all share one room at home! I would go crazy if I had to do that every night!

No comments: