Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

This past week was a fun, relaxing week. It was Mike's spring break, so he decided to also take work off. We headed to Monterey for a few days. We took the kids to the aquarium and walked around Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf.
The weather was decent. There was a mixture of a little sun, rain, and coldness! We took Lyric and Paxton down to the beach a few times. Paxton literally cried whenever a wave came a shore. It was actually a little funny. He eventually got somewhat used to it. He loved climbing the rocks with Mike.
Within 2 minutes of getting there, Lyric fell completely in the water. It actually felt like ice water. I had to go across the street and find an inexpensive sweater so she didn't die from hypothermia! The next day, she was actually intentionally going into the freezing water.
We enjoyed trying about twenty types of clam chowder. Every little shop would hand out samples. I think that was Lyric's favorite part. Every place we ate at, she requested clam chowder.
You may wonder why I wouldn't post pictures from such a fun trip? Well, a ghost decided to steal my camera while we were gone. I think the hotel we stayed at was haunted. Either that, or our hotel room got really hungry and ate it. It makes me feel really sad and crazy that it literally disappeared into thin air! I tried to not let it ruin the rest of our trip, but it was really hard. Oh well!

No comments: