Monday, April 13, 2009
Four?
I think my daughter is aging mentally and emotionally faster than she is physically. There is no way she acts four! More like 14. As a mom, I didn't know that I could be pushed to limits like she is pushing me! It is a daily struggle. I actually think I need to take some sort of class on how to be a good mom to her. I try, but fall terribly short. Patience has never been one of my virtues, and that definitely doesn't help anything! She is such a passionate girl, so that can be really good, but can also make things really hard. Her emotions are so strong, which leads to really dramatic breakdowns at least sixty times a day. I feel guilty looking forward to bedtime at 10 am! It just reaffirms to me that I was not meant to have 14 kids like I said I was going to when I was younger :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok well that sounds JUST LIKE my every waking minute with my Kaipo. Not only is he an emotional roller coaster, but his energy level is so much more than I have patience for. So I can relate to how you are feeling 100%
I too feel like I need to take a special class just to know how to handle and be MORE patient with him. So if YOU figure anything out let me know the secret!!!
Good Luck and hang in there :)
Lyric really is a doll though. She is just so darn cute. I guess that is why we keep them around huh??!!
Well, I must say, I feel a million times better after reading this post (and Britt's comment). Eliza is SO sassy lately. She, in fact, told my sister to "be quite!" today. I was also just saying yesterday that the super nanny probably should come visit our house because I could use some parenting tips at this point. Funny, a few months ago I might have said I was doing a good job at this parenting gig, but just when you get comfortable, a darling toddler/preschooler can pull the rug out from under you! Hang in there and thanks for sharing!
Tiffany
Thanks for sharing. It helps me know I'm not the only one. Today Lauren sassed me and said - "mom I dont' want to hear your voice. Just be quiet and let me talk" I wanted to scream!! I kept my composure but deep down I just wanted to go off on her.Hang in there girl- We are not alone.
Post a Comment