Saturday, April 25, 2009

Adventure Week

This "adventure" took place about a month ago, but I still had to blog about it! The week of March 22, my mom and I, along with Lyric and Paxton, took a somewhat spontaneous trip to Southern California. We told Lyric we were going on an adventure, because we weren't quite sure where we were going to end up! It certainly ended up being a fun filled adventurous week.
We stopped and stayed the night at my grandma's, which felt really special. I haven't been able to do that in so long. It was really good to spend some time with her. It is really an experience to watch what the natural progression of age does to people. I think she really enjoyed our company.























The next day we headed down to San Diego. We got a hotel and then ate at the Hard Rock Cafe there. Then on Monday, which also happened to be my birthday, we went to Sea World. I hadn't been there since I was 12, and my kids had never been there. We caught all of the fun shows they had and went on some rides.

















The next day, our adventure was at Legoland. None of us had been there. I really like how kid oriented it was. It really was amazing to see all of the things made out of legos.





For the third adventure, we headed back up to Anaheim, and went to California Adventure. None of us had been there either. This was probably my favorite. There was a guy selling tickets out front, so we got an awesome deal! Right when we got in, the infamous High School Musical show was about to start, so we were able to sit and watch that while we melted in the afternoon sun! There were lots of fun rides there and lots of fun shows.




For our final adventure, we went to Knott's Berry Farm. That probably had the most kid rides out of them all. It was probably also the most low key. There were a few rides that Lyric ended up going on by herself, because my mom and I just couldn't get that dizzy!

Lyric was sad to see the week end. She was ready to go-go-go! It really was a fun week. We were all in bed by 8:30 each night, so it felt very doable. Also, most of the parks closed by 5 0r 6 so the days weren't too long. My mom was such a good sport. It has been years since I have been to an adventure park with her, let alone four in one week! Lots of fun memories were definitely created.


2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Wow, it must have been hard to recap a whole week in one little post! It really WAS a one-of-a-kind trip and may never be equaled! Fun pics and special memories!

Beth said...

I love how spontaneous your trip seemed. The picture of paxton in the train is so cute.