Thursday, June 12, 2008

Swim Lessons




On Monday, Lyric started swim lessons. She has never taken them before, so I decided that this would be the summer to start them! I was so excited for her to start, and did not foresee any issues. Boy, was I wrong! Who knew that I would be that parent sitting watching their child scream like a possessed beast! I really did not anticipate Lyric having any problems! I sure learned to never feel too confident with anything, and to expect these sort of outcomes!
She and Lexi are in the same class. It is actually quite funny to watch, because if you didn't know they were cousins, you really would never be able to guess that they even knew each other! Lexi takes the lessons very seriously, and doesn't bat an eye at Lyric's hysteria.
Lyric has a fear of water on her face, so being in the pool doesn't exactly help. She is totally fine at my mom's pool. She'll jump in with her floating tube, but that is ok with her, because her face isn't going under!
I thought as each day passed, she would get better. Well, so far, that has not been the case. Yesterday was actually the worst so far! She cried the ENTIRE 30 minutes. She says, "I can't do it." I sit in the bleachers and give her thumbs up and try to stay positive, when in reality, I want to rip her out of the pool and take her home! Her other issue is with one of the teachers, he is a male. Lyric is not ok with this. She will emphatically say in a loud voice, "I don't want the boy to help me, I want the girl." I feel a little bad and a little embarrassed, but what can I do? She'll live through this experience, and hopefully come out stronger! I can only pray that next week goes better!
*These pictures were taken within the first five minutes of her first lesson, before she went into freak-out mode!

1 comment:

sosilly said...

I am not concern rather Lyric will be alright after this is over. I'm concerned for you!
MOM