Monday, June 16, 2008

Unexpected Visitor

On Saturday, I was rushing to get ready for the recital, when I heard the doorbell. I knew that it was Ryan, because it was the exact time my mom said he would be coming to pick up a ticket for the recital. I was only partially clothed, nothing was hanging out, so I was just going to open the door and slide the ticket through the security door. You can totally see out of the security door, but the person standing there can not see in at all.
So I opened the door, and instead of Ryan, it was a police! I was caught really off guard. He said they had received a 911 call from our address. I knew the only way that it possibly happened was from Paxton playing with the phone. A few minutes prior, he was hitting buttons on the phone. His latest is to hit the buttons and then press the orange button which turns it on speakerphone.
I stood there with the door open but the security door shut and started talking to him. He told me I needed to open the door, so I told him I needed to get properly dressed! I came back with the phone and showed him the redial on the phone. Paxton happened to have dialed 9116. I was really embarrassed. He kept questioning me. Is everything ok with you and your husband? Where is he? Who is here? I felt like I was being interrogated, but understood why. I apologized and he was on his way.
I think I will be a little more careful when Paxton has the phone now!

4 comments:

sosilly said...

I guess there will be no more babies playing with phones after that one!
Good Laugh!
MOM

sosilly said...

Just think if you didn't have the one way view security door!!!
Remember Kingsburg police are BORED stiff and you are a cute chick!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny. I think you are going to have to keep an extra eye on that little boy...he sounds like he could really stir up mischief.

Bubbly Faces said...

I almost peed when I read that.