On Friday, they had a dress rehearsal. I felt pretty confident that she would go on the stage without a hitch, but I didn't want to feel TOO confident because of my recent surprise with swim lessons! Anyways, she did great and wanted to do it again and again!


Saturday morning, I decided to put curlers in her hair. I had never done this and thought it would be fun to try. I borrowed them from Jamie and put them in. I was excited to have her hair cute and curly for the recital. The curling iron I had been using was too thick and didn't hold the curl very well in her hair. She thought it was pretty fun having them in!
Well, I sure learned a lesson. Never try something for the first time on the day of the performance! I literally almost started crying when I took the rollers out! Her hair was about two inches long! It wasn't the beautiful curls I was expecting! I had rolled the curlers all the way up to her scalp, where I should have only done them half way up! I had to hurry and try to fix it! It wasn't exactly how I wanted, but there was no time!
She was so exhausted on the way and took a little nap in the car. Her early mornings catch up to her by late afternoon.
She was SO excited to be able to perform and have all of the family watch. I was very impressed with her hip shaking abilities! The eleven little girls in her class did their dance to "Mr. Postman."

Cute cousins. They all three did such a good job on their dances. I think it is so fun that they all participate in dance. They were all excited to see each other's performance.
"Wait a minute Mr. Postman....." Lyric's posing to the first move of her dance.
Afterwards, we all went to dinner. Kristy even made it up to the recital! We had a really fun evening. I hope this is something Lyric keeps interest in. Out waitress asked if these two cuties were twins! This isn't the first time we've been asked that. It makes me laugh!
3 comments:
Twins? Fat cheeks, stubby little noses, fluffy lips, red hair, one tan and one fair!
Cute!
Geesh,
What mom's put their children through these days to perform!
I have to laugh at the sponge roller curls!
MOM
You did a great job capturing the whole routine of the two days. Very cute!! I can't wait till the dvd so I can really see her dance :-)
Post a Comment