Monday, July 9, 2007

We're Home!

Mike and Lyric came and picked up me and Paxton at the hospital
This is Lyric's first time holding Paxton
Mike likes to start the video game training young!

Well, we've actually been home since Saturday, I'm just a little late getting to this post! I am so thankful Jamie posted on her blog for me! I have been thrown into "two children life" with no looking back! So far, well, it's pretty good. Definitely more to it than I could have imagined. It is amazing, and unfair I might add, the tricks your mind can play on you! I know for a fact that the last few weeks of my life I just wanted him out more than anything, and lately a little part of me thinks it HAD to have been easier with him inside! Who knows, hormones can sure play tricks on you too!!!


I have to say that Thursday went very smoothly. The day lasted a little longer than I was planning, but then again you can't really plan how labor will go! We got there at 7:00 am and he was born at 10:07 pm. Somehow it did not feel like 15 hours! Granted, I was not in labor that whole time! My doctor tried taking a little more natural of an approach rather than starting everything at once. I would say that the real intense stuff started at about 4:00ish. Once again, epidurals are amazing things! I was so glad that Mike, my mom, my dad, and Jamie were all able to be in the room while he was born. There is nothing like that first moment when the baby is placed on your stomach. Time stands still for those few seconds.


I want to remember that day so clearly, but with each day I forget a little bit. I just love the whole process and must say that it was perfect ending to my pregnancy and the most perfect beginning to Paxton's life. I have been very fortunate to have two extremely smooth births, in fact, I think I would have to say that they have been my favorite thing about the whole pregnancy.


Now, if only Paxton would be an extremely unusual baby and get his days and his nights right! HAHA :)

7 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Congrats on your beautiful, big baby boy! He really is perfect!!!

Tiffany

Jamie and Family said...

ah, yes. the transitions of life. Juse keep remembering that you are in 'transition' and it will soon become the "new normal", I PROMISE! Take it from me, it's still pretty fresh in my mind. I did wonder, however, if you'd skip these transition feelings altogether, since you are around my wild kids so often. But I guess they don't go home with you and wake you up all night like Paxton does! :-)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Congrats mom!! Your little ones are adorable.. I felt that I had prepared myself enough to what it would be like to have two kids but Ha!! not quite like I imagined but it is all so temporary and like Jamie said it becomes your new normal...Yup I hear you about the day and night thing but just think all temporary- before you know it he will be sleeping through the night and you will be wondering where your newborn went...
Congrats again!!

Unknown said...

I love the birth part too! There is nothing like it- so precious. So is Paxton peeing all over you every time you try to change his diaper? Just keep your mouth closed!

Chris Grover said...

Lindy, you done good! Paxton is soooo adorable! I am still wondering how you survived delivering a 10 pound baby! Good thing he was 10 pounds of pure cuteness and sweetness! Good luck on the transition -- you're probably already a pro!

Katie said...

Congratulations Lindy and Mike. He is adorable. Next big family get together you will have to give me all your motherly-wisdom. I am so excited for you. My mom always says: "with one child, it is 2:1; with two kids it is 1:1; once you have your third you are outnumbered anyway, so have as many as you want!" So enjoy your 1:1 ratio!

Anonymous said...

UMMMMM excuse me, i believe u need to add me to ur other people that u have on ur site to go check out. so ya u need to put me up there, haha.