Thursday, July 19, 2007

Real Life Now





Today Mike went back to work. He has taken the past two weeks off to help and spend time with Paxton. Although I have been through a lot of adjusting these past two weeks, I knew the true test would come when he went back to work! No more having him go on the couch at 6:30 in the morning to be with Lyric while I sleep, no more having him hold Paxton while I shower or run a few errands during the day! As nice as it was to have him take the time off, I have felt ready to get into "my new routine." I am ready to see what my days are like on my own. I am even starting to feel like I can venture out into the real world soon with two kids! At this point I have made it to my mom's and Jamie's, but hey, that is something!
Paxton is two weeks old today! With each day, I see how I have adjusted just that much more. I try to keep telling myself to just enjoy this tiny little human because one day I will be recalling newborn stories to him as an adult! I love just looking at him during his little bouts of awake time. I always wonder what his little brain is doing. Tonight Lyric was laying on the floor talking to him and playing with him. It was too cute. Every time I tell her to sing him a song, she sings "I am a Child of God." I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW how cute is heeeeee

Unknown said...

Two kids in diapers- I remember that! It does pass quickly though.

Grammy said...

Treasure these times. Too soon it will pass and you look back on it as the happiest times in your life. There is nothing like your little ones when they are little.