Poor guy!
So today Paxton had a doctor's appointment to get circumcised. I have not been looking forward to this because throughout my pregnancy I though it was going to be done in the hospital before we came home! I found out while we were there that they are done at the pediatricians office, and to top it off my pediatrician does not even do them! So, Friday he had the check-up with his pediatrician, and today he had the circumcision with another doctor in the office.
When we got there, the nurse told me to take off his clothes and his diaper to be weighed. I did this and then picked him up. As soon as I did, he let out an enormous amount of poop onto the floor! I started laughing hysterically while Mike was freaking out! I handed him to Mike so I could clean myself and the floor. Again, he let out another load! I was in tears laughing wondering how he had that much in him! He must have known what was going to happen! By the way, he ended up weighing 10lb 6oz.
So, the nurse came in and took Paxton and Mike to another room with the doctor. I waited in the waiting room because I did NOT want to be in the room while the procedure took place. Mike just had to describe all of the details to me and I about died! I feel so horrible for the poor guy! As if being born wasn't traumatic enough! I am so glad that is done.
On a side note, Lyric absolutely loves her brother! She is so gentle and sweet with him. Every night she has to give him a goodnight kiss. She loves to talk and sing to him. She is always so concerned with his emotions and how he is feeling. She is also a good little helper!




7 comments:
VERY sad and VERY cute and VERY funny all at the same time.
Jamie
Ok, that is so funny! Not the sad part, the poop part! Poor little guy, I can't even imagine! He must have been like "what the heck are you doing, crazy doctor?!" He is such a CUTE little guy and Lindy, you are looking GREAT!
That is unusual- My pediatrician came to the hospital hours after Cooper was born and did the procedure. I couldn't go in either but he cried for a while after. I can't believe the poop part- now that is funny!
Luke's was 10 days after as well. They say it is better for baby, but it was sure worse on me. One of the worst mother things I've ever had to do. I guess I should consider myself blessed. Kinda yucky dealing with it after too. Only takes a few days though.
Poor little Paxton.. I think the poop part was hilarious!! Michael had his at the hospital. The pediatritian just did it the day after he was born and I guess he's the exception but he slept right through it.
That was a very hard for thing for me to go through with Ash. Kaipo had it done in the hospital, but since Ash was in the NICU they waited until he was better and just did it in the office. I didn't have quinn with me either. I'm so glad that is a somewhat distant memory now.
You look great and your little family is soo cute!
Babies pooping is always funny! They just explode and everyone looks around not trying to laugh. I remember the first time Katie heard Julie do that in her diaper. She looked around and said "What in the hell was that?" Yeah, that was my 5 year old talking.
Post a Comment