
Today Mike, Lyric, Paxton, and I went to lunch and the mall for a fun little Saturday afternoon. Mike headed off with Lyric to the video game stores, and I headed off with Paxton to the clothing stores! My last stop was my favorite store in the world-ROSS! Paxton had been sleeping the whole time, but started grunting and moving around. I just thought he would, at the most, start crying for a bottle. I saw his nostrils start flaring, which only means one thing- a big poop is on the way. I heard it, but didn't think a ton of it.
Mike and Lyric came and found me, then I decided I better change Paxton. He is still so tiny that changing him in the stroller is doable. I picked him up and to my horror saw bright yellow poop EVERYWHERE! All over him, the car seat, and it had even seeped down into the stroller! So, in the middle of Ross, with 3/4 of the store staring at me like an abusive mother, I stripped his clothes off and cleaned up the mess. Paxton's cry definitely does not sound muffled by any means, so I know people were wondering what was going on! I wrapped him in his blanket and used it as an excuse to have to buy him an outfit!
Of course, I had to explain the whole story to everyone that looked at me. Mike was like, "Why in the world to you have to explain the whole story to everyone?" Well, I didn't want people thinking I was some negligent mother that took her 3 week old baby out in nothing but a diaper, despite it being 100+ degrees! I get it from my mom, I notice myself telling full stories to strangers in the store! So, needless to say, our trip was cut a little short and we headed home!
3 comments:
okay sorry Lindy.. but I had to laugh.first because why does that happen.. It seems like babies just have to do somehting when you are out and about.. I've only had explosions with the kids at the doctors, grocery store, target insert any public spot and it's happened.. so I feel for you the other is because I do the same thing.. I find myself explaining to strangers at stores why Michael has spit up on his shirt, etc... I'm glad to know i'm not the only one.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW he looks so cute and he has grown HUGE time since i last saw him 8 days ago. IM SOOO sad though that i have to miss out on my first nephew. oh well ill just fly home every weekend. haha
That is a great story! Have fun with it and go on. That's a girl. Keep up the good work. Two babies is twice the work, but twice the fun!
Post a Comment