



Since becoming a mom, I have noticed that my life revolves around the clock. This is especially true with a newborn! When is the last time he ate, pooped, peed, etc. In the middle of the night the clock can feel like my enemy, "Are you kidding me, it has only been one hour and you need to eat again?!?" One feeding runs into the next and times starts mushing together. There is nothing quite like those delirious nights of nodding off while trying to nurse and at the same time trying to not suffocate my baby with the same part of my body that is trying to feed him!
Paxton is quite the eater. He must be determined to not loose an ounce of his birth weight! He is a champ nurser, so I can't complain about that.
Anyways, you can tell what my life has revolved around lately! Tonight Mike, Lyric, Tucker, Jordyn and Lexi went to see Ratatoullie. It was Lyrics first time at the movie theater. Mike said she did ok, besides trying to keep her shoes on so she wouldn't get permanently stuck to the filthy floor and then having to go to the front of the theater to catch a rolling sippy cup. Afterwards they went to McDonald's for dinner and played at the play land. I am so glad that Mike is able to spend this time with her! He's getting a chance to do the daily things that I normally do while he is at work. He also got to take her to dance class today.
8 comments:
I SO know how you feel, it seems like it was just last week, even though Eddie has been sleeping better for almost a month, it's like I can't catch up when there are other children, and the clock keeps ticking. The nice thing is that it DOES end, eventually, and you have such a sweet chubby boy, it makes it worth it. :) I'm so happy for you! (and now Eddie will have a boy to romp around with on our visits!)
I have been thinking about trying to prepare for the clock-watching, but really how do you prepare for losing half of your night's sleep?! Hang in there, girl! What a cute, little marshmallow Paxton is! I love his hair!!
I can't believe those cheeks. And I need to come see him!
keep the pictures coming... Paxton is such a cutie pie... We can't wait to meet him.. :)
All I can say is that it gets easier. You just go into such a survival mode. Those first few months do pass, and even though they are hard you can never get them back. Paxton is so perfect looking. He will grow up so fast. I can't wait to see him. I want to bring you dinner! Oh and something that would keep me from getting mad in the night, is if I did think of 24 hours as the same. One is not day, one is not night, but the same. That sounded weird. So in other words take naps!!! House work can wait.
I've never had the suffocating problem! I do drown my babies though with how much milk I have and how fast it comes out. And at the beginning that is all you do, feed, change diapers and try to sleep. He is so dang cute though- I can't wait for Luka to get here.
My mom admitted to me that the only reason why we slept in a bassinet next to her bed was so that she could stay in bed and sleep while she nursed us. Hmmm, I should as her about this suffocating thing. Btw, that is so sweet that Mike and Lyric get that special time together. What a fun family!
Post a Comment