Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two Year Old Boy

Today my baby turns two! I think this year went twice as fast as the first! He rang in his second birthday by being particularly obnoxious today :) He knows he now officially holds the title of being in his "terrible twos," and he's not afraid to let it show.
Last night, we didn't end up doing any fireworks. It was one of those nights where the kids had to be to bed early for the sake of every one's safety. We told Lyric we were going to do fireworks for Paxton's birthday, and that worked just fine. Funny enough, he, the one who likes the loudest, biggest, and most boyish things, was terrified of the fireworks! I actually couldn't stop laughing. He held a sparkler for two seconds, and then was totally done. He curled up on the sidewalk and didn't even want to watch them.
Paxton is just blossoming into such a fun little boy. His vocabulary is expanding by the day! Here are some facts about Paxton at two:

-he weighs about 33 pounds
-he can count to ten
-he will throw ANYTHING that has a round shape to it
-he loves sitting on his daddy's lap while he plays games on the computer
-he loves his blankie and Mickey Mouse
-his sweet tooth might actually be bigger than mine!
-he could watch anything with a machine run for hours
-when diaper less, for even three seconds, he loves to "mark his territory" on walls, shoes, and the front door

I know there are so many other fun things about him that I can't think of right now. I just love watching his curiosity for life. To see life through the eyes of a little boy is so fun. Boys kind of feel like unfamiliar territory for me. I love seeing what is so naturally ingrained into him. He is my tiny baby boy! Tomorrow we are going to officially celebrate his birthday.

Trying to fix the vacuum. This is the face he makes when I tell him to say "cheese" for the camera.


Paxton loves watching football on Mike's ipod. He will bring it to Mike and say "football."

Trying to hide on the ground

A little freaked by a loud firework!


The two seconds he held a sparkler, then totally freaked!




1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

Very cute write-up on Pax! Can't believe he's 2!

(I'm particularly disturbed by your new vacuum being broken?!!)