Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swimmer



Thanks to Jamie for the pics!

During the summer, a lady at our church lets everyone use her pool on Friday mornings. It is a fun little outing with the kids, and a good way to keep cool.
Lyric wore her water wings around for a while. When Jamie came, she brought her Safety Seal, these awesome floaty things my mom found. Lyric wanted to switch over to the Safety Seal. I took her water wings off in the pool and had her try getting around a little without anything. She immediately started swimming back and forth, from me to the step. Before I knew it, she was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the edge! I was very impressed with her abilities. She had so much fun, and such a sense of freedom without any floating devices strapped to her!
On Monday she starts swimming lessons at the high school pool. These are the ones that she SCREAMED through every single day last summer! I have a feeling this summer will be a little easier, at least I can hope :)

No comments: