Friday, July 24, 2009

Owie

In the ER waiting to get stitches!
That evening at home, bandaged up.
Three days later.
Six days later, the day his stitches were taken out.
Last week, we were privileged enough to take Paxton to the ER for the first time. Almost daily, Mike plays baseball outside with the kids. He has a tee for them, and they each have their own bat. They take turns hitting the balls off of the tee. Lyric was about to swing, when Mike told her to wait. It was all done too fast, and the bat hit him square in the forehead. I was in the house when I hear Mike come in. I could tell something was wrong. I walked out and wanted to pass out when I saw Paxton. I couldn't tell where he was hurt because his whole face was covered in blood.
We hoped in the car and were off to the ER. I don't like going there for any old problem, but I had a feeling this needed stitches. The whole process was only two hours, which is pretty good for the ER! After it was cleaned up, I was amazed how a wound that small could bleed so much! My shirt was covered in blood, so while we were there people were looking at me probably wondering if I had just been in a murder scene! The poor guy did so good until they started doing the stitches. The "topical" they put on his forehead must have done just that, barely numb the first layer of skin!
They had to wrap him in a sheet while Mike held him at the top, and a nurse held him at the bottom. I couldn't watch. Hearing him was bad enough. I stayed in the room, but I just turned around. The older I get, the more stuff like that makes me feel a little woozy! Three stitches later, and we were ready to go.
A week later, we were able to get the stitches taken out. I'm impressed with how well it looks. I'm OK if a little scar is left, his daddy has one in the same spot :)
We now have a new rule, the person not up to bat has to stand by the tree where bats and balls can't hit them!

No comments: