On Tuesdays, we have Peyton over. Lyric and Paxton enjoy playing with their cousin. She does quite well with either Lyric, who is about two years older, or Paxton, who is about 8 months younger. I try to make it my cleaning day, so I don't typically venture out with the three of them. The very few times I have, I typically get comments about "my three daughters."
I was at SaveMart a few weeks ago, and this older man leaned over to me and said, "You'd better stop at three girls, I've got five!" I smiled and gave a courteous answer. Now, this might sound confusing, beings that I actually only have one daughter. The other child is my niece, and the other child is my SON stupid.
I cannot tell who how often Paxton is referred to as a girl when I am out. I typically don't even correct them. For some reason I don't feel like saying, "actually, it's a boy." Maybe I should, but I normally feel so irritated I just ignore it. I know that if I shaved his head, that would quite possibly solve the problem, but I'm not willing to get rid of his curls, therefore, I will keep getting the mistake about my other daughter.
I'll hold your place in line so you can go get her, she'll never need a perm when she grows up, look at her curls, and about six billion other comments get made to me at least twice a week. I mean, I don't dress him in skirts and dresses, or girly colors! I actually feel I do the opposite. Oh well! Maybe I'll start having him wear a blue bow in his hair so people know he's a boy :)
4 comments:
I had to reread the title a few times before I continued to the post. Some people really don't think before they speak. I remember Aly was in a dress and all pinked out and a man at church kept referring to her as a HIM. I thought what the heck. Some people. Maybe you should call him "son" in public :) and Lyric "daughter" LOL. Or say go get your brother. LOL. It is amazing too how many "men" have long hair and they don't question their gender but if they are little people do.
That is so weird! I know how you feel though. Happened with Lindsay till she was a year. Paxton looks so far from a girl it is just funny people would say that.
Yes, I had to tell an old lady one time "She's a girl...see the barrette in HER hair!!!"
I want a picture of "your three daughters" next time you're out like that! :-)
Post a Comment