Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Gardens



No strollers were allowed, so this came in handy!

Ryan joined us on our day out



I wanted to do something fun today that got us out of the house. So, Mike suggested going to the Forestiere's Underground Gardens. Jamie had been there a few weeks prior, so it really intrigued me.


It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! Not too many people know about it because they don't advertise. The lady said they would not be able to accommodate the crowds if they did, so it's spread by word of mouth.


It was about an hour long tour of this underground living quarters this man single-handidly made. Originally, it was 80 acres. Due to buildings and freeways, it has been cut down to about five. I was just in awe at the work this man did. He had a tree that grew seven different types of citrus! Here is the website that describes it better that I can! http://http://www.undergroundgardens.info/

4 comments:

Katie said...

What an amazing gem! Looks like a fun adventure and a nice afternoon.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

That looks like a lot of fun.. When we head up there again I have to visit. I love family adventures!! Yipee!!

P.S. I love that baby backpack!!

sosilly said...

Thanks for taking Ryan to a place he may never have seen if it wasn't for your family field trip!
MOM

conrad said...

Now that you and Jamie have had such rave reviews I think I know where Mom and I are going on our next date. Think I can get her to go underground?