Thursday, November 1, 2007

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, I found out I was pregnant with Paxton. How in the world has time flown by this fast!?!? It makes me feel a little sad. I can't believe that he is almost four months. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way, I love that he is becoming a little person.
Last year, at this time, I was counting down my days of feeling "normal." I knew, for the next year, that emotionally, mentally, and physically, I would be a little whacked out! Pregnancy and the first three months with a newborn can just be dang hard! Of course, it is so incredibly worth it.
Please tell me why in the world I look at pregnant women and think, "Oh, how cute!" Not one time did I feel remotely cute! Saturday nights I would spend AN HOUR trying desperately to find something humane to wear to church! Towards the end, I actually thought my feet were going to split open if I walked for more than three minutes! And, if it weren't for DownEast Basic's lace camisoles, my ginormous belly would have hung out of 99% of my shirts! I know it is my mind playing some major tricks on me! Don't freak out, I am, by no means, insinuating that I want another baby right now! It is just interesting what your mind can do!


How in the world does this........
nine months later turn into this........
and then this..........
to eventually this!!!!!!


I love my little man :)

3 comments:

Carlotta said...

how bizzare that paxton actually looks "small" in his carseat picture.

Jamie and Family said...

It is mind blowing, no matter how many times you do it. It really is hard to wrap your mind around the whole process.

Just yesterday I was at dance class looking at Lyric's old teacher Sarah and she is 9 months prego and SOOOOO miserable. And I kept thinking "but she looks so cute, and how fun she gets to have a baby!".

But not a single part of her would agree with feeling or looking cute or anything LIKE it, I'm sure. And nor would I at that point.

It is a strange thing.

Lissa said...

Where in the world did you get that adorable shirt? I need one of those.