The finished product!
All of our stockings, except Paxton's. His should be arriving in the mail anytime! I got mine and Mike's from Things Remembered when we were first married. That is where I have continued to get the others. They are decorated a little different each year.
I was looking for this little door hanger tonight to put on the front door. Lyric had taken it and put it on her bedroom door :) I also decorated a tiny fake tree and put it in her room.So, we ended up decorating tonight. It always makes me wish I could leave the decorations up year round! I just love everything about it. It reminds me of my childhood. My mom did the best job of making the Christmas Season so magical. Every year, I want to capture that same exact feeling I had growing up. I think it is something I will be able to relive through my children.
Lyric had such a fun time decorating. Mike absolutely loves doing the tree, this is our sixth Christmas together and I just learned this about him. So, I was more than happy to let him do it with Lyric. He has more patience than me, in that particular area. He is so good at making it really fun for her and having her help him a lot.
I pulled out her little Manger scene my mom got all of the grand kids, and had Mike explain the story and who everyone was. She got really into it. After her bath, her towel was draping over her head, and she said, "Look mom, I'm Jesus." I though that was too cute!
3 comments:
Seriously, You have me in tears!
MOM
Yes, I love the feeling that the decorations bring. Its such a warm, family, festive feel.
I love Christmas and all of the decorations. You picked a great tree and I love that you decorated a mini tree for Lyric.
Post a Comment