Friday, August 6, 2010

Packy’s Third Birthday

 

July 5, 2010:

 

Paxton will grow up thinking that fireworks are a normal way to celebrate a birthday! This year, we went swimming, had the best tri-tip made by my dad, ate yummy cupcakes made by Jamie, and then we did fireworks. Whenever I asked Paxton what kind of a cake he wanted for his birthday, his response was blue. So, Jamie made blue frosted cupcakes shaped in the number three. He was quite excited to be the birthday boy.

He enjoyed being sung to and devouring the cupcakes. The fireworks were a whole different story with him. He always has big talk about liking fireworks, when in reality, they terrify him! He kept his head buried in Mike’s chest the whole time. It makes me laugh because he’s such a rough and tough boy, but there are a few things, like fireworks, that scare him to death!

I love my three year old little boy. He’s given me a real dose of what boys are all about! I’m learning everyday from him and trying to decipher what type of rough housing is acceptable, and what types will put others in the hospital :) I love that he has an older and younger sister to help keep him a little chill. He’s going to grow up to be such an awesome man, I just know it. He absolutely loves helping in any way possible. Laundry, taking out the trash, putting the binky in Kylee’s mouth, cleaning the sink, helping grandpa barbeque, and anything else possible! It’s been a nice break from the emotional drama of girls, but that’s not to say there aren’t other boy things that take its place!

Paxton has such gusto for life. Everything he does, is done with such passion and animation. He’s a great example of living life to the fullest! He can throw a ball like nobody’s business! He loves scaring us half to death with his swimming pool stunts. He always has his special boy sound effects with everything he does. I truly feel grateful to be his mom. He still let’s me call him my little baby, all 44 pounds of him!

 

 

P1020641    P1020645 P1020646   P1020649 P1020650 P1020651 P1020652  P1020654   P1020657  P1020659  P1020661 P1020662  P1020664    P1020668 P1020669  P1020671 P1020672

No comments: