Friday, August 28, 2009

Preschool!



Here in California, Lyric misses the cut off for kindergarten by about ten days. I know she would be so ready to go, but at the same time, I don't mind the extra year.
We decided to start her in the same preschool that her cousins, Jordyn & Lexi, both went to. Today was her first day. She will be going Mon, Wed, and Fri from 9-12.
She has been so incredibly excited to start. She needs more than just her mom and brother a few days out of the week! I dropped her off, and without any hesitation, she ran off! On Wednesday, I had taken her in to show her around. She met some of the teachers and got familiar with things. It is a little Christian preschool, so they are able to incorporate that into their teachings.
When I went to get her, she started crying. I was worried that her day didn't go as good as I had hoped. Well, the problem ended up being that she wanted to stay for lunch!
Dropping her off gave me a feeling that I have not yet experienced. It was such a strange feeling to just say good bye and go! I wanted to make sure everyone was nice, and that she would feel included, but that's just not quite possible to have control of every aspect of your child's life! I know this will be a very fun year for her!

1 comment:

Poppa Bob's Blob said...

Michael-Your children are so adorable. Lyric is growing up so quickly! and Paxton will keep you both busy for a long time! take care, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Bob