Friday marked one month since I started my "resolutions." My mom told me it takes thirty days to make something a habit, and I do believe this. I have mixed feelings about the results I've seen, or haven't!
I went the first 3 1/2 weeks with no soda. The first few days were quite hard, and then I really didn't have a problem. Then, we were out eating and I decided to have one cup. I actually was more curious to see how it would make me feel. Of course, it tasted oh so yummy, but I didn't like how it made me feel afterwards. The rest of the evening I felt so jittery and yucky. I just don't think my body handles caffeine very well. Then, last week I decided to have soda one more time. So, in one month I did have soda twice, which I do consider to be better than every day! I still plan on keeping on the track of no soda, but I won't beat myself up if I have it occasionally.
I also have been faithfully working out for a month. Now, I by no means expected to loose 50 pounds, but I also didn't expect the scale to not move!!!!!!!! It doesn't help that I weigh myself everyday, but still! Not even two pounds! I work out at least six days a week. I do anything from the treadmill, the elliptical, the recumbent bike, free weights, and various workout videos. So it's not like I just walk up and down the driveway and call it a workout! I do notice a difference in how my clothes fit, so at least something is happening! Also, I truly feel like it energizes me. I think it is just my nature to feel tired a lot, but I do feel so much better mentally. My house has appreciated the extra effort I've given to it! I keep reminding myself that even if I don't lose a pound, the other ways it has affected me so positively are worth it!
4 comments:
Lindy you are seriously inspiring. One of my resolutions was giving up soda and let's just say it's not going well. I hate that I'm all or nothing but reading about how you've done is showing me that might be the better approach for me and not to beat myself up when I want one and just quit. Thanks for the post and good job!!
I don't understand the scale not moving! That isn't encouraging! BUT, I've also come to appreciate a mental sense of well-being, which is priceless. So, if you're getting THAT from it, then keep it up!!!
(from me....who's finishing off my very own Pepsi two liter this week. Empty calories!)
Lindy!
First congrats on the goals you set for yourself! only two sodas in a month that is fantastic...But I also have to say don't weigh yourself everyday things such as water weight can make it seem as if you are gaining 1-14 pounds! it is more worth it just to weigh once and mont to get the more accurate weight, and also take measurments instead to see how much inches you lose... :) Good luck you can do it! The kids look way cute!
Walking up and down the driveway isn't exercise? Darn!
Post a Comment