Mike has started a new semester, so Monday through Wednesday I go into "school mode." Sounds kind of silly since I am not the one actually going to school, but that's what I like to call it. On those days, I just know that I am it from sun up till sun down. He goes to work and then goes to school till about 9:30. When I put myself in that mode, I actually do fine. I don't have unrealistic expectations and I really try to muster up a little extra patience, something I don't have a plethora of :)
So, tonight was one of those nights where I felt like I had a brand new puppy in my house. First, I hear Lyric calling from the kitchen, "Mom, I peed on the floor." I was confused because this isn't a normal occurrence. She had her dance class clothes on, which made it hard to get them down in time, it also doesn't help that she likes to wait for the very last second before she runs to the bathroom! I went in there and helped her to the bath. Paxton came in and stepped in the pee, so I decided to throw him in with her.
I went to the kitchen to start dinner when I hear, "Mom, Paxton pooped in the bathtub!" Ok, so I go in there to see Lyric standing outside of the tub, and Paxton sitting in a tub of poop! Not my favorite thing to clean up! He looks at me and says, "poo poo," and "eck." Both words he uses to describe the situation. So, I get him cleaned and get him out. I am washing Lyric when Paxton runs in and says, "poo poo" again. I go look, and thank goodness it was just pee on the carpet. Dumb me for not diapering his butt right away, but sometimes I like to let him air out.
Lyric gets out and gets her jammies on and they are in the kitchen dancing to High School Musical. She looks down and gets grossed out by a puddle she steps in. Dumb me has not yet diapered Paxton so he's peed again! I didn't think he'd pee two minutes after his first time! After cleaning up four pee incidents and one tub poop, I was ready to call it a night! But now I have a few hours to exercise and veg out all to myself!
2 comments:
You're on the right track of small expectations when he's away and congrats to Mike about school. It's a real team effort-good for you. I giggled all through the 'diapers' episodes. It's when I had 3 little kids and the oldest peed on the bank office floor while we were in line, then maybe I didn't giggle. thanks for sharing.
I have to go into the same type of made 3 nights a week, when quinn teaches night class. It gets soo tiring, the bedtime routine all by yourself!
I am glad I read your blog though, cuz I had an outward chuckle reading about the poop/pee incident. I can totally relate. It is wonderful when you find those kind of presents in the bath :)
Post a Comment