Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

We headed back to my mom and dad's for Christmas Eve. We, of course, ate and then hung out for a little. Grandpa entertained the two little ones for a while, and then Lyric was ready to do the gingerbread house. My mom and I helped her with that. We decided that we probably wouldn't win first place in a gingerbread house contest!
Kristy is visiting for a few days, so that was fun to be able to see her. Lyric was SO excited to see her. Paxton tried to pretend like he was shy for about three seconds, and then totally warmed up!
We came home and put the kids to bed right away! Santa and his helper had to get things all ready. There was a kitchen to be put together! Note to self: Never wait until the night before to do something like this. When the electronic portion of the kitchen won't work, Christmas Eve is not a possible time to take it back to the store! I was so sad. Oh well, they won't know the difference. I'll just have to figure out what to do next week.
Earlier in the day, Lyric helped me make Santa's favorite cookies, no bake cookies. So we made sure to leave those for him, along with a glass of milk. Now it is off to bed until Lyric wakes us up, I'm hoping for 7am!