Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh my......


Paxton is coming up on a year and a half. This is the age that I took Lyric off bottles, so it has been on my mind lately with Paxton. I have tried twice, unsuccessfully, to get rid of the bottle. The first time I put milk in a sippy cup and he would take a tiny swig here and there. Then when I layd him down with it for his nap, he didn't touch it. When he woke up it was still full. The second time I went to the store and bought him a "special" sippy cup. Not that he would notice, but I wanted one that he had no prior associations with. He refused. He only wants milk in a bottle.
To be honest, I haven't buckled down and gotten really serious about it. I want to, and then I'll feel mean! I know he won't walk into kindergarten with one, so does it really matter? He typically only has them for nap time and bedtime. It's not that he is obsessed with drinking tons of bottles, he just has some weird attachment to the bottle itself!
Oh well, before I know it, bottles will be a thing of the past for me! I think I let myself get too caught up in how society views things.

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Awww, don't worry about it. Eliza still has a bottle in the morning. I figure it's just a different kind of sippy cup! Plus, look at those eyes and that beautiful hair...he's way too cute...I don't know if I could ever tell him no!

Tiffany

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I'm in the same boat and Mikey turned 2 already . I cut Lauren completely off the bottle at 13 months but Mikey loves to have one at bedtime and in the morning. I agree with Tiffany I see it as a different kind of sippy cup. I use to freak out about it but now if it makes him happy and he only has one or two a day- it's ok. I'm sure both of them will stop by preschool/kindergarten.