Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dentist Trip


Yesterday, Lyric went to the dentist for a check up. This is only her second time going to the dentist, bad mom, I know! Both times I have sat there crossing my fingers that she doesn't have the horrific mouth I do! Thank goodness, both times, the dentist has said her mouth looks great.

She did so good. I forgot to bring my camera :( They did lots of xrays and then cleaned them. She laid there like a champ. I prepped her so she wouldn't be too nervous.

When we were done, the dentist said he was going to get her a special prize for having a perfect mouth. A prize it was, a $20 gift certificate to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I was expecting a toothbrush and a sticker, at the most! I happily accepted it, knowing that I could get some YUMMY chocolate covered strawberries, and a treat for Lyric, since it is her gift certificate! I guess he figured that's the least he could do with how much money I've "donated" to him through my visits for my poor teeth!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hooray for Lyric and her trip to the dentist!!! Glad to know that she had a good experience (and that you had a good experience too--sometimes the parents take it worse than the kids). What a smart dentist you have: clean their teeth, then give them sugar gift certificates to keep them coming back! HAHA!