Monday, February 18, 2008

Music To My Ears


"Mom, can I have more asparagus?" This was the best thing I heard all day. We had asparagus with dinner, and she absolutely loved it. She asked for three servings. You see, Lyric does not have a very good relationship with food. Therefore, mommy, Lyric, and food, sometimes, okay always, butt heads! "Lyric, please eat. Lyric, do you need a time out? Lyric, when you eat it makes your tummy happy and it makes mommy happy." These are just a few of my repetitious lines I say four thousand times a day! With every meal, I know there is a 90% chance that she won't just sit down and eat. I am not even one of those moms that makes one thing and makes her eat it, not that there's anything wrong with that. I like her to try new things, but I also like to make things that I know will be less frustrating to get her to eat.

After church, yesterday, Lyric took a nap. When she woke up, I asked if she wanted a hamburger and french fries, this is what I had made Mike and I. She said yes. So I gave her A THIRD of a hamburger and some fries. She immediately starts making excuses. "I have to go potty, I am not hungry, I don't like this, I'm too cold." And anything else you can imagine. So I tell her that she will not be going to Jordyn and Lexi's house unless she eats. ONE HOUR later, she decides to give in and actually eat, not all of it, but she ate!

I wish that I didn't like or care about food, especially soda and sweets!

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Ahhh, asparagus! that's great!

I feel like I could use a college course on food and how to NOT let it ruin your motherhood experience!

Carlotta said...

Wow, thats an odd food.Did her pee smell really bad? LOL I wish the issue got better. Some days aly is good and others I feel like she might blow away if the wind blows any harder. =(