Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some Days

Let me just preface this by saying that I love my daughter to death! On that note, some days I feel like I am riding a psychotic rollercoaster with her all day long! I know all kids go through moods and fazes, but there are some that I wouldn't mind fast forwarding through! These past few weeks, Lyric has been EXTRA trying. She is defiant in every way humanly possible, and will not listen no matter what I tell her the consequence will be. Whether it's meal time, clean up time, getting dressed time, doing hair time, or just breathing oxygen time, she finds some way to get my blood boiling at a rather high temperature. I really try to take the patient route. I was not blessed with an abundance of it, but I really try to use what I have! I think her and I just have an emotional mother daughter connection and she knows what knobs turn up the heat!

I know that she has had a hard time with Mike being gone for school. She is not used to going days in a row without seeing him. Today I looked at her and said, "Lyric, what is wrong? Why are you so say?" She said, "I just want my daddy." That nearly broke my heart. This evening they are going on a little date together. I figured they could get some much needed one on one time!

Soon this will pass and I will be looking back wondering why this faze felt so hard, especially compared to the teenage years!

4 comments:

sosilly said...

You are so funny and good with words. I think fast forwarding is the only way!
Kiss Lyric for Grandma!

Jamie and Family said...

I've definitely felt this before. And now that I can contrast with three daughters, I also see that my chemistry with each of them is very different. And certain ones can bring out a friction more than others. Maybe this always flip flops depending on stage? But I can tell that it is more difficult for me to "flow" with Jordyn. This constantly brings me guilt. :-(

Tara said...

I went through the EXACT thing with Jade at that age, pretty much most of her life so far, since Bill has been in school 85% of our marriage and only graduated last year. The nice thing I kept telling myself, was that until she was around 6 or 7, she didn't remember ANYTHING. He always made sure a few times a month he took her out on a date, and somehow, she only remembers that she is a super daddy's girl. Our relationship is a bit different, but it works out. I hope Mike get's through school faster than Bill did, man, that felt endless at times. Good luck! I know how it feels!

Beth said...

I thought I was a patient person before I had kids. But now I know that I have a lot of patience to still learn. Each child had tried my patience in different ways, but I think mothers and daughters can become emotionally contected in a difficult way sometimes. It makes me stand in amazement at my own mother, and yours for raising so many emotional girls.