Saturday, December 22, 2007

RIP

My camera is officially broken! For the past month, I have been using my mom's camera with my sister's USB cable. Kristy needed her USB cable back, so I thought I'd transfer my memory card from my mom's camera to my camera to download my pictures. The dumb thing turns on for five seconds and then shuts off. I tried two different sets of news batteries, but they did not work. Two years doesn't seem like that long of a life span for a camera. I used it a good amount, but it is not like I was always throwing it against the wall! Oh well!

Yesterday, Paxton had his four month shots. Yes, a month and a half after turning four months! I kind of did that on purpose. I had taken him to the doctor shortly before turning two months, not for shots. They decided to go ahead and give him his two month shots at that time. After the fact, I was mad at myself for letting them do that. I should have told them I wanted to wait until he was two months old. With the ridiculous number of shots babies get, I don't have a problem with delaying them just a little.

Anyways, he did really good. He actually only cried while getting the shots and calmed down very fast. You could tell he was rather offended! He weighs 22 pounds and is 28 inches long. Although he is still chunky, I think he has slowed down on the major growth he was doing at first.

Lyric and Paxton's pediatrician is a really nice older man. He is from Utah and always sees on Lyric's chart that she was born their. So, he always spends the majority of the time talking about his trips there, and about all of the places I have never really heard of! I try to be polite and just listen, but inside I am kind of thinking, "Shouldn't you pay a little more attention to the actual appointment?" He told me I should start Paxton on meats?!?! Veal, chicken, beef, pork. Are you serious? So I go straight from breast milk to handing him a rib eye steak? I know he didn't literally mean that, but it did catch me off guard. I thought you were supposed to start them with rice cereal first!

Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to sub for our Primary chorister at church. For those of you who know me, this is VERY out of character for me. I told the lady yes, because at this point of my life, I don't think being "too scared" is a good enough excuse! At least it is Christmas Sunday, so lots of kids will probably be gone. I also get to lead them in Sacrament meeting, they are singing a few different songs. Thankfully, Jamie will be helping me with that one!

1 comment:

Carlotta said...

wow, i would have lied and said I wouldn't be there and would have found another ward to go too!!! Paxton weighs as much as alyson did at 1yr. I don't think he is old enough to he food yet!! Maybe another year sound right. It has gone by too fast!!