Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Livin' It Up

Lyric must really know that she is turning three in two days. I think she is really partying up the "terrible twos" to the bitter end! She has just been soooo moody lately! I try to remain patient, but I do not always succeed. Her nursery teacher at church even told me that Lyric was acting extra emotional!
I could think of a million reasons for her behavior, but I like to tell myself that as soon as she turns three on Friday, a magical spell will come and wipe away the "terrible twos." Ha, wouldn't I like to think it would be that easy!
Today, I was in the kitchen making something. Paxton was sitting, playing with some toys. Lyric was in the room, doing what I thought, was playing. Well, next thing I hear him crying. I went out there to see the words GUILT written across her face. I said, "What happened to Paxton?" After about 79 times of asking and then saying, "Show mommy what happened." She said, "I bit him on his toe." Just little things like that, or poking his eyes, or repeatedly pouring cups of water on his head in the bath after being asked to stop, or covering his head with blankets.
But, you see, it is not just with her brother. So, today, I took Jordyn home from school. Lyric was in the car and I was outside talking to Jamie. Jordyn was talking to Lyric through the window, which was rolled up. All of the sudden I hear Lyric crying. I thought it was because she wanted to go into Jamie's house. I get in the car and we leave. As we are driving I asked her, "Why are you crying?" She said, "Because Jordyn did this...." and then proceeds to show me this face-
I couldn't help but laugh! I had to take a picture of her doing the face tonight. So, somehow this face Jordyn gave Lyric, really hit the wrong note with her! What are you going to do, it must be hard to be just about three, and have all of these emotions running through your little body!
On a side note, Lyric has been into drawing and writing lately. She wrote her name for the first time the other day. Today, she drew a person for the first time. I must say, I was rather impressed! It was so cute to see her interpretation of a person! Of course, you must have the arms coming out of the head! She ended drawing one of me, Mike, Paxton, and herself. This particular one happens to be of Paxton. My, does he have some long legs!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That drawing is so cute. She is such a cute girl...at least, that is what the pictures show! :) Good luck!