The majority of my time at home lately, has been spent in the bathroom with Lyric. I must say she is doing pretty good, besides having to hose her off TWICE yesterday, because she forgot she was wearing panties and not a diaper, and decided to poop in them! Thank goodness for shower heads that you just take off the wall and use like a hose outside, it really cleans the mess up nice. We have not had any pee spots on our carpeting, yet.
Most of our potty trips go like this-
Lyric - Mom, I have to go potty!
Me - Ok, let's go to the bathroom ( she gets on the toilet, I wait for a minute)
Me - Are you done?
Lyric - Yes
Me - Ok, lets wipe, put on your panties, flush the toilet, and wash your hands
Lyric - Wait I'm not done
Me - Ok, well lets finish so we can be all done!
Now, this process can repeat itself approximately fifty times! There are times when she gets in there and gets her business done right away, which is nice. I try to be patient, because I don't want to do anything that will detour her from wanting to continue this training process! I now repeat, multiple times a day, the same phrase my mom told us kids and that Jamie now tells her kids "WIPE, WASH, AND FLUSH!"
3 comments:
yes i use to tell alyson wipe,wash and flush but she reminds me when i accidently do that that is the WRONG order. Heaven Forbid! I have to tell her wipe flush and wash =)
The patience pays off, but sometimes you just want to scream "hurry up already!" We say "flush and wash" in our house.
I love your blog... i can totally relate to this post as I am dealing with our own potty training issues.. keep us posted.. it's comforting to know i'm not the only one!!!
Post a Comment