Saturday, September 15, 2007

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!


Oh my gosh, goodness, stars, heck, or whatever else you may say! Lyric, for the first time in her life, sat on the toilet and actually went pee! I never thought I could be so excited in all my life. She has sat on the toilet numerous times, but just never actually went. Even recently, she wanted nothing to do with the toilet.

Jamie had told me a technique, you take off the diaper and let them run nude. Every thirty minutes, you put them on the toilet, regardless of whether or not they go. I have been telling Mike that I needed to start this on a day where I was going to be home. Well, this morning I woke up, and Mike had Lyric in the buff sitting on the toilet! I was very impressed. I ended up putting some Elmo panties on to make things a little more exciting for her. After two times of us doing the whole routine with her this morning, she came to me and said, Mommy, I need to go pee pee. We rushed to the toilet, and she actually went!

I know this is just the beginning, and there will be many accidents, I just feel so ready for her to be potty trained. There was a perfect window during my pregnancy that I decided not to take advantage of, because I did not have the energy! My goal is to have her start Primary in January wearing panties!

6 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hooray!! I'm dealing with the same issue right now and so this is great encouragement. I'm going to give Jamie's advice a try on Monday..

Carlotta said...

That is cause for some serious celebration!!!!!!

Carlotta said...

that is huge news, I can't believe it! when it happens it sort of takes you off guard!!! good luck!

Beth said...

It doesn't seem possible, but before you know it she will be all potty trained. It is a big moment!

Katie said...

Hooray!!! I am so happy for you guys. I love the idea of having special undies for the occasion too! What a big girl! (way to go mom and dad too!)

Jamie and Family said...

that second Carly comment is actually me!! I just noticed it. I was working on her blog for her and commented under her name. :-) Just FYI.