Thursday, September 20, 2007

It Can Just Be Hard!

I know that a lot of my posts lately have been about potty training, but I guess that is what has been consuming me lately! I have to say, Lyric has done well. I guess in my mind sometimes, I feel like it should just all happen overnight!
Monday, she pooped in her panties two times. Tuesday, she acted as though Jamie suggested she hold a snake, when asked if she wanted to wear panties and sit on her potty! Yesterday was great - UNTIL- we went to run some errands. I decided be daring and have her not wear a diaper. I had her go to the bathroom at Target, she sat but didn't actually go. Then, Mike and I split off. He took Lyric to the video game store, and I took Paxton to Kohls. It TOTALLY SLIPPED my mind to remind Mike to remind Lyric about the potty. So, about fifteen minutes later, I get a call from Mike asking if there are any wipes or diapers in the car. I knew what had happened, she had pooped in her panties! Since he did not have access to either of those, he took her next door to Baja Fresh (the video game store did not have a bathroom). He dumped the log into the toilet and soaked her panties in the bathroom sink while wiping her down. I told him to use PAPER TOWELS because wet toilet paper would crumble and be hard to use. He said it was very hard using wet TOILET PAPER because it crumbled everywhere. What can I say when he only listens to 47% of what I say? I am so glad he had the opportunity to deal with this fun experience.
So, today was some more fun. This afternoon she came to me and said she peed. I saw a little trickling down her leg and didn't think it was too bad. But then, on the kitchen floor, I saw one of the five Great Lakes. I got that cleaned up and put some new panties on. After the next time she went potty, she went to the sink and started swirling her clean panties in the sink. I think she was doing what she saw Mike do yesterday with her poopy ones. So, on go a third pair. Finally, this evening, she tells me she has to go to the bathroom. I tell her to go, intending to follow 30 seconds behind. As I walk into the living room, I see her standing behind the couch with watery eyes. I said- Did you go poop?!?!?!? She said- Yep! Oh - my - gosh child! On her way to the toilet she decided to stop and poop! So, into the shower for a hose down, and then on goes the fourth pair.
I guess the good thing about all of this is that she is being kept very clean with how many times I am having to hose her down in the shower! I know this will all be ancient history soon enough, just smack dab in the middle of it I can feel a little crazy! Every time there is an accident I tell Mike- I am taking a break from potty training for a while. He just rolls his eyes because he knows I am talking out of frustration. Five minutes later I am putting on a new pair of panties and trying again.

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I think the motto for motherhood is "again and again and again"! Potty training is sort of like pregnancy.....it can be a nightmare, but then when it's done its just done! I totally feel your frustration. Nothing can make cleaning up poopy panties fun or easy at all!!!!! Keep hanging in there!

Bubbly Faces said...

So when your done with Lyric can I send Seth over... we need to start up again. Maybe next week!!!!