Friday, September 7, 2007

Illnesses

In the waiting room keeping herself busy!

She had to wear these little bracelets with all of her information on them

Waiting for the doctor!

Well, I have definitely been MIA for a while now! Not for any exciting reason other than a little illness that has infested my home! Last Saturday, Lyric got hit with some nasty bug. I started feeling it coming on too, but thank goodness it stayed very mild and went away fairly quick.

Well, by yesterday I started to get a little worried about Lyric. She went from the vomiting to diarrhea with no appetite for food or liquids. When she got up from her nap she was acting very lethargic and did not even want to drink anything. Now, I am not an overreacting type of parent, but I just did not feel right about her up leaving. I just wanted the peace of mind that she was not dehydrated or something. So, after Jamie reassuring me that it was not too extreme to take her to the ER, we ended leaving.

You would have thought they were giving away winning lottery tickets with how disgustingly full the waiting room was! I just kept telling myself it was worth the peace of mind and would end soon! I must say time can pass rather quickly while people watching. If you are ever bored, the ER can be a pretty entertaining place to people watch, with ALL walks of life.

Well, seven hours later, we were gone! The guy told us we actually had a "short" wait! Everything ended up checking out fine. Of course, by the time they got to us, Lyric seemed a whole lot better, so they probably chalked me up to a psychotically paranoid mom! Oh well, one of the nurses made me feel a lot better by telling me I was just following my instincts as a mom.

Lyric did so incredibly well the whole time. I just had to keep reminding her to stay off of the disease ridden floor. I definitely felt my OCD germophobia coming out! Today she seems a smidgen better. Jamie and Beth were nice enough to bring by some juice, Gatorade, and popsicles to at least keep her hydrated.

3 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I can't believe the length of your experience. You could have almost driven to Aracely's fast ER in that lenth of time!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

oh you poor thing.. 7 hours is a LOT!! What Jamie said probably true you could have come down to our ER here- then gone back and still have made it in under 7 hours... and trust me there is nothing better than peace of mind. I can sometime be a little overcautious but I just have to remember to trust my instincts. If you do that you will never go wrong. I'm glad to hear Lyric is doing better.

Unknown said...

my family had that flu for 2 weeks- yes weeks. Back and forth from vomiting to diarrea. I had to get IV fluids I was so dehydrated being pregnant and that sick. Thank the heavens you had it mildly:)
Katie