Friday, March 19, 2010

Softball

This was taken at their first game. So cute!

Up to bat at her game last Saturday

Waiting for a ball to come her way


Paxton spotted Mike at first base, so he darted right in the middle of the field during the game. Once again, pink helmet in tow. We got a good laugh out of it!

High-fiving the opposing team after the game


Striking a pose. He's so ready to be on his own team!


Back in January, we signed Lyric up for softball. It was the first year she was old enough to play. She was very excited. Mike practiced in the backyard with her for a few months.
They started official practices in February. She had her first game and opening ceremonies on March 6th. She was a little nervous, but loved it once it started. She is on a 6 and under team. Her team is called the Rugrats with pink shirts. She recognized a few of the girls on her team from this year and previous year's dance classes. Her cousins, Jordyn and Lexi, are also playing this year, except they are in the 8 and under group.
Each Saturday they will have two games through the end of April. Paxton absolutely loves going to her practices and her games. He brings his own little bat along to it all.
This past Saturday, her games were back to back. We were eating a quick lunch, and then crossing back over the field to where her next game was going to be. I thought Mike had taken Paxton with him across the field. When I realized he hadn't, I got a little panicky. I started scoping out the huge field with lots of other games going on! Soon enough, I spotted my little boy in his sister's bright pink helmet and bright pink glove. He had spotted pink shirts and thought it was Lyric's team. It ended up being older girls. Thank goodness, a nice lady was walking him back over.
I should probably just get the kid his own glove and helmet that aren't pink! He doesn't seem to mind though :)





1 comment:

MeQueen5 said...

I love when Lyric does her "sassy" dance routine while in the outfield waiting for the ball.
Packy must have his own boy baseball gear since he is soooo obsessed with it!