I have been so bad at taking belly pictures this pregnancy. I was very diligent with my other two. I know I'll regret it when I'm done! It just seems these days that I'm living in what I like to call survival mode. I can definitely say that I am not one of those women who feel their best when they are pregnant, but that'd be nice! This third one has really been an experience I'd like to never have to go through for the rest of my life. I know the end result will be so wonderfully worth it.
When I got pregnant, I knew I'd start feeling yucky at six weeks. I figured I'd just push through and live my day to day life and get through it. Well, don't we all love to plan, and then see what reality has in mind for us! I didn't know that it was humanly possible to feel so emotionally, physically, and mentally tried. I've never lived in such a moment by moment type of time. I woke up each morning looking forward to bedtime, not that that brought much relief, at least I was able to sort of sleep through some of the misery.
I had to learn to rely heavily on family. Mike was in his last semester of his MBA program, therefore he was gone lots. My parents and Jamie and Tucker were actual life savers. My kids were taken care of, my house was taken care of, my laundry was taken care of. All I had to do was worry about myself, and even that felt too hard. I cannot even fathom having my kids around full time during that process. Making them chocolate milk in the mornings was about enough to make me run to the bathroom. I actually felt mean for making it cause I couldn't imagine a human being thinking that it sounded good!
I feel more than grateful to be over that hump. I have to remind myself on days that I feel extra gross, that it's nothing compared to what it was! We get to find out Wednesday what we are having. I finally feel excited to know. This pregnancy has just felt so different in a million different ways. I think for the first while it was really hard for me to connect that I was feeling the way I was because a human being was growing inside of me! Now that I can feel the movement and can, for the most part, eat food pretty normal, I feel excited to know who is inside of me!
1 comment:
hey cuz....jessica and anthony find out today what they're having!!! you look good even if you feel like crap!!! i wish i could go there and take care of you. i really would if i could. i love you!!
Post a Comment