I have never been one to make resolutions each year. I guess I just kind of have the attitude of, why make a resolution I know I'm gonna break? This year, I just have had the desire to focus on one thing, my health.
I just want to be more conscious and in control of my body. After all, I am not aging backwards! I have rededicated myself, along with probably 3/4 of the universe, to be more physically active. It's so easy to talk myself out of it, but the pros outweigh the cons by a million! It's the fuel I need to have more energy and to feel better about myself. In this past short week, it is amazing the difference I feel. It is so healthy for my mental well being, which trickles into every aspect of my life, marriage, children, laundry, cleaning, etc. I can't wait for it to become a habit for me. I just want it to become a natural part of my routine. I do enjoy putting on some headphones and zoning into a different world!
Another thing I have decided is to give up one of my favorite things in the whole world: soda. I have pretty chronic headaches, not migraines, just regular, annoying headaches. I don't know what they stem from, and have been to the doctor with no success. Last week, I read an article about diet soda that intrigued me enough to want to stop drinking it and see what would happen. The article mentioned that for some people, diet soda can cause headaches and dizziness, which I am often dizzy also. So, I decided to stop drinking soda altogether and see if my headaches lessened.
This was a big decision for me, as silly as that may sound. In the past five years, I have not even entertained the thought of giving up soda. It's not that I down a case of soda a day, more like 1-2 cans a day. I really do love the carbonation, the caffeine aspect does nothing for me, at times I wish it did! Soda makes food fun for me! What is a hamburger and fry without a soda?!?! Mike and I always have a plethora of soda in our cupboards, a Sonic bag of ice in our freezer, and a styrofoam cup sitting on our counter waiting to be used.
So, I am on day five, and surviving. I still think about Pepsi everyday. I crave the carbonation. But, I know I will survive, hopefully! Ha, who knew one person could feel such passion about such a thing! Anyways, wish me luck!
3 comments:
Gosh, I am way behind on reading up on your blog...but now things are settling down I can take some time to catch up. Thanks for the notice that cousins Lyric and Scott share birthdays! That is so fun!
As for your resolution to stop drinking soda and working out...good for you! I just wanted to ask you about your headaches...do you think they could be related to grinding your teeth at night? Is your jaw sore/tight in the morning? If it is, I suggest de-stressing before bed, and/or getting a mouth-guard. I am always on watch for TMJ problems...lol...I am such a nerd.
well, either way, good luck with everything.
Keep meaning to say "way to go". These are easy resolutions, but can make such a difference in how we feel about ourselves. Good luck!
Oh, and I'll try not to tempt you. I've definitely backed off, but my Cherry Coke Zero tasted exceptionally good tonight :-) Ha ha
I had to comment on this again and say that I meant to say these are NOT easy resolutions! What resolution IS easy? When I re-read that, i thought I sounded like a crazy person!
Post a Comment