Saturday, March 29, 2008

Quarter Fun



The finished product, a dragonfly!


The other day I went to Target and found the majority of their $1 section 75% off. I was quite excited! I actually got a few things for NEXT Easter and some other fun things. They had these cute Lisa Franks craft type kits for a quarter! I have to say that I am typically not the type that loves projects with four million tiny pieces. I decided I needed to step out of the box because I knew that Lyric would love it. At times, I need to remember to let go of my own selfish reasonings and do things, even if they aren't my personal favorite! So, today, she chose which pattern she wanted to make and we were kept busy for about 45 minutes. Not too bad for a quarter!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That is a good reminder. I have a hard time doing art and crafts with my kids too. That is the good thing about school. Lindsay does a project everyday so I feel less guilty. I'm sad I missed that sale!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I would say that it's definitely not too bad for a quarter. Cute project. I've been thinking about starting to do projects with Lauren- but I hate cleaning up the messes. Thanks for showing us how much kids love crafts and just spending one on one time with mom and dad. Good job Lindy!!

P.S. I love the dollar spot@Target

sosilly said...

You are such a good mommy! And Lyric is so smart!
MOM