Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

We had a great Easter this year. Saturday, we decorated eggs at Jamie's.

Sunday morning, Lyric slept in until 7:15 (haha), and then we did Easter baskets. This year, Lyric really started understanding the whole Easter Bunny idea, so that made it extra fun. I attempted to do bunny footprints, but they ended up looking like baby footprints! My mom will have to remember how she used to do them!

Then we headed off to church for Easter Sunday. We did our traditional picture taking after sacrament meeting.


After church and naps, the kids had an egg hunt at our house. We filled the eggs with pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. I think we learned that they might appreciate this when they are a little older! They were asking where the candy was! My mom bought the girls these slips that were supposed to go under their Easter dresses. When they arrived in the mail, she realized that they would be about two feet longer then their dresses! They were "costume" slips, meant for plays. She decided they would be fun to wear after church, the girls absolutely loved them!


We then headed to my parents' for the rest of the Easter festivities. My 25th birthday happened to fall on Easter this year. This is the first time this has happened. Jamie made me the coolest looking Pepsi can cake. When I get my camera back, I need to post a full size picture of it. It was amazing! She knows that Pepsi, either diet or regular, is my absolute favorite! It tasted just as good as it looked!
Next, we had our annual Easter egg competition. Last year my mom won, and this year it was my dad! The evening ended with a little Rock Band. Jamie and Tucker along with Mike and I, decided to go in together and buy this game. We figured it would be a fun activity for the family to get involved in together. I don't think my parents were sad to see it end! It is very fun, but for sure, not a quiet activity!










1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

We got some good pics that day! I will make you a CD of all the pics. I forgot to give you the memory card! Remind me!