Monday, May 31, 2010

Sleeping on daddy

Getting ready to leave!

April 19, 2010
We had to be to Valley Children's at 8:00am for Lyric's procedure. She was so brave and did such a good job. That hospital is so awesome with kids. They make sure that all questions are answered and that the children feel as comfortable as possible.
Her tonsils and adenoids were removed, and she got her second set of tubes. The procedure ended up only taking 30 minutes. I was very surprised. They brought her to us in the recovery. She was still pretty out of it. The doctor said she had lots of fluid behind her ears, the reason why her ears always felt "cloudy!"
She slept on Mike for a while until she felt a little more alert. I was expecting to be in for a really long day in the recovery, but by 12:30 they were wheeling her out! I wasn't sure what to expect the next few weeks, but kind of expected the worst.
I was quite shocked at how smooth everything went. She had no complications, and as long as I kept the pain medicine in her, she hardly complained. It was ten times easier then I could have ever imagined! The doctor did a really good job, and I am so glad we got it taken care of before kindergarten starts.

No comments: