Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Miserable

Last Friday, I noticed Paxton had some redness around his eyes. I asked Lyric if she had hit him, because that is what it looked like! She hadn't, so I thought nothing of it. Well, as the hours and days progressed, so did the redness and rash on his body, and fever, cough, and runny nose. Initially I thought he was cutting his last eye tooth.
Well, after a few days I knew that it wasn't teething. He had a constant low grade fever, and the rash was so weird, especially on his face. His eyes almost looked a little swollen. You could just tell the poor guy was beyond miserable. I am not one to rush to the doctor, but I just had a feeling something wasn't right. We went, and the doctor said that he had strep throat and scarlet fever! I was surprised, and also felt bad for not bringing him in sooner. They gave him a penicillin shot and we were on our way!
Today is day six and I think things are finally going uphill! He is starting to turn back into himself. I think the penicillin shot really helped a lot. Now my fingers are crossed that Lyric doesn't get it, or his cousins that he was around, prior to knowing what he had!


Not feeling too hot :(
Sister Lyric waiting for two hours so patiently!

After his shot, waiting to make sure there were no side effects

Too miserable and tired to eat


4 comments:

Carlotta said...

What the crap. Scarlet Fever? That sounds like something that doesn't happen anymore.

Katie said...

oh poor baby!!! i am constantly worried that Scott is going to get sick...I know it will happen, but it sure will make me sad. glad to know Paxton is feeling better.

aunt sharon said...

I'm glad Paxton is feeling better. always trust your instincts.

Beth said...

Sick kids are so sad and exhausting. I'm like you I normally don't take them in, but sometimes you just know.